Moving in to a new rental home or apartment places a number of responsibilities on the tenant’s shoulders—don’t be caught off guard. Instead, use these simple move-in guidelines to ensure you don’t miss a thing.
- Contact the local utility companies to place the accounts in your name. If possible, you should aim to do this a few days before moving in, in order to avoid any unpleasant surprises.
- Pay close attention to any damage or problems with appliances or fixtures. If you notice an issue, please contact the Jacksonville Rental Finders team immediately to resolve the problem.
- Verify that all smoke detectors are in working condition and have functioning batteries.
- Confirm that all windows and doors are in good condition and close properly.
- Obtain renter’s insurance for the new property. Remember, policies vary greatly in terms of coverage and expense. In addition to protecting the property itself, consider purchasing insurance for your personal items.
- Update contact details for financial and personal accounts.
- Register to vote at your new address.