Make Your New Rental a Home
Follow this simple outline to leave your property on good terms
When you leave your rental property, be certain to leave the home in good condition. Addressing the following steps will help ensure you don’t lose your security deposit or incur additional charges.
- Have all carpeted areas professional cleaned upon move out.
- Wash all walls, patch holes left from screws and nails, and repaint covered areas to match.
- Vacuum and wash all floors.
- Throughly clean the kitchen and all appliances, both internally and externally. This may include drip pans, fans, and overhead lights.
- Sanitize and scrub all surfaces, including kitchen countertops, bathroom sinks, bathtubs, and drawers.
- Replace burnt lightbulbs and batteries in all smoke detectors.
- Address the property’s outdoor space as necessary, including mowing the grass, weeding garden areas, and disposing of any trash.